View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by pass type, track, and format. With this Session Viewer, you can view session and speaker details for the 2024 Game Developers Conference. New sessions are regularly added leading up to GDC, and all dates and times will be announced about 4 weeks before the event. Once live, you will be able to build your schedule with the GDC Mobile App.
Sessions do fill up and seating is first come, first serve, so arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend.
Saumya Singh Rathore (Co-Founder, WinZO Games)
Pass Type: All Access Pass, Core Pass - Get your pass now!
Topic: Business & Marketing
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
The hypercasual game genre attained the highest download figures among mobile games in the Indian market in 2022, accounting for 25% of total downloads. The number of hypercasual products in the top 100 download charts in India grew year-on-year, from 8% in 2018 to 33% in 2022.
Despite this growth, the primary hurdle faced by hypercasual games remains the retention of players, as these games experience significantly greater player churn in comparison to other genres. While the average D7 retention for mobile games rests at approximately 20%, this rate frequently plunges below 10% for hypercasual games. This issue takes on added significance due to the rising Cost per Install (CPI), necessitating a focus on augmenting user retention to enhance Lifetime Value (LTV).
WinZO identified this issue early in their journey and worked on creating unique and innovative gaming formats to improve user engagement. In this session, Saumya Singh Rathore, Co-Founder of WinZO Games, talks about the team's learnings while developing multiplayer formats, discussing their impact on user retention and monetization outcomes on WinZO platform. Through the integration of these multiplayer formats, WinZO introduced an element of competition into single-player casual games, creating a sense of achievement among users.
Attendees will learn more about how user retention stands as a pivotal performance indicator within the gaming sector, prompting publishers to allocate substantial resources toward the enhancement of user engagement over time. Although the hypercasual genre has garnered significant attention as of late, developers specializing in hypercasual games continue to grapple with the challenge of attaining user retention rates akin to those observed in mid-core or hard-core gaming domains.
This is for game developers offering games in hypercasual genre and looking for ways to improve LTV of their games, professionals working in Live Ops segment of interactive entertainment industry, working on increasing retention of their products, and game publishers who are dealing with pressure of increased Customer Acquisition Costs and are evaluating alternative revenue sources.