View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of GDC sessions by pass type, track, format, and more! With Session Scheduler, create an account to build your own GDC schedule and access it anywhere, including on the GDC app, once live.
If you've registered for GDC, you can use the same login credentials. Adding a session to your schedule does not guarantee you a seat. Sessions do fill up, so please arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend.
Location: Room 205, South Hall
Date: Wednesday, March 20
Time: 9:00am - 10:00am
Pass Type: All Access, GDC Conference + Summits, GDC Conference, GDC Summits, Expo Plus, Audio Conference + Tutorial, Indie Games Summit - Get your pass now!
Format: Sponsored Session
Vault Recording: Video
Audience Level: All
In this session NVIDIA is going to discuss raytracing in Metro Exodus in general and in details. The following topics will be covered:
- stochastic effects are your friends
- non-RT rendering pipeline in Metro. How to improve it with raytracing?
- DXR integration without doing massive changes in the engine
- deferred lighting for hit positions
- Global Illumination: the Holy Grail of computer graphics in less than 1 ray per pixel? Is it possible?
- more rays versus more denoising. What is better?
- denoising - how to denoise at full resolution and full performance? Voodoo magic, tips & tricks
- other raytracing effects
Raytracing integration is not a simple task but it's absolutely possible to achieve good performance in such complicated effects like Global Illumination, but it's important to keep proper balance between tracing and denoising. In addition to greatly improved image quality Raytracing technology allows to simplify content preparation process, what is important for AAA projects.