View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by pass type, track, and format. With this Session Scheduler, you can build your schedule in advance and access it during the show via export or with the GDC Mobile App, once live. Sessions do fill up so please arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend. Adding a session to your schedule does not guarantee you a seat.
Pass Type: All Access, GDC Conference + Summits, GDC Conference, GDC Summits, Expo Plus, Audio Conference + Tutorial, Indie Games Summit - Get your pass now!
Format: Sponsored Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
In this session NVIDIA is going to discuss raytracing in Metro Exodus in general and in details. The following topics will be covered:
- stochastic effects are your friends
- non-RT rendering pipeline in Metro. How to improve it with raytracing?
- DXR integration without doing massive changes in the engine
- deferred lighting for hit positions
- Global Illumination: the Holy Grail of computer graphics in less than 1 ray per pixel? Is it possible?
- more rays versus more denoising. What is better?
- denoising - how to denoise at full resolution and full performance? Voodoo magic, tips & tricks
- other raytracing effects
Raytracing integration is not a simple task but it's absolutely possible to achieve good performance in such complicated effects like Global Illumination, but it's important to keep proper balance between tracing and denoising. In addition to greatly improved image quality Raytracing technology allows to simplify content preparation process, what is important for AAA projects.