Use the GDC 2021 Session Viewer to browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by day, time, pass type, topic, and format. All registered attendees will be able to build their personal schedule directly within the event platform, once live early July 2021. All times are listed in Pacific Time.
Tian Ding (Lead Data Scientist, Blizzard Entertainment)
Date: Tuesday, July 20
Time: 8:30am - 9:30am
Pass Type: All Access Pass, Summits Pass
Vault Recording: Video
Audience Level: N/A: I prefer to present live on-site but I am open to delivering a virtual presentation
Game Developer at Blizzard Entertainment talks about smart tech being used in multiple major Hearthstone game modes that has big gameplay impact. Such feature involves multiple data-driven products with cross-team collaboration involving data scientists, game designers, engineers, production managers etc. from different teams.
Through showcases of "smart tech" in multiple major Hearthstone modes, attendees would:
1. Learn how data products are being used in live gameplay
2. Learn the science and technology under the hood for different in-game "smart tech"
3. Learn large scale projects involving cross team efforts, including designers, data scientists, engineers, producers from different teams
4. In-depth understanding of the key components of the "engagement-engine - game server - client" system
1. People who work with "big data" (data scientists / engineers)
2. People who use or make data-guided / data-driven decisions
3. Designers who are interested in cross-team projects
4. Blizzard/Hearthstone fans