Browse and sort the list of GDC Summer sessions by day, time, pass type, topic, and format. All session times are shown in Pacific Time.
Please note GDC Summer has ended! Check out GDC Vault to view previous GDC sessions.
Louise Shorthouse (Dr, Omdia)
Date: Tuesday, August 4
Time: 8:00am - 8:30am
Pass Type: Conference Pass, Discovery Pass - Get your pass now!
Topic: Business & Marketing
Format: Sponsored Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
Using the latest mobile games app store data and in-depth analyst insight, this talk will cover the most significant growth opportunities in the mobile games market in terms of content strategies, key territories and business & marketing approaches. It will include a top-line analysis of the current state of mobile in the broader games landscape and its evolution over time, and will focus in on the following key areas:
- Fastest-growing country markets, particularly in China and India
- Effective monetisation approaches such as battle passes, subscriptions and premium
- User-acquisition trends
- Genre opportunities including titles targeting female audiences and battle royale
- Content strategies such as tapping into existing communities
- The potential fragmentation of the app store market
An understanding of the growth landscape in mobile games – which territories, monetisation models, genres and broader approaches are considered key areas for current and future growth.
Intended for those looking to develop a new mobile game and seeking inspiration in terms of where the major growth opportunities lie. This may also be of interest to those deciding on a monetisation model for their title, or which territories to target.