View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by day, time, pass type, topic, and format. With this Session Viewer, you can view session and speaker details for Game Developers Conference 2024.You will be able to build your schedule with the GDC Mobile App. The GDC 2024 app will be available for download in Apple Apps and Google Play late February 2024.
Sessions do fill up and seating is first come, first serve, so arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend. Adding a session to your schedule does not guarantee you a seat.
Mateusz Pilski (Co-Founder and COO, Ice Code Games S.A.)
Jakub Marszałkowski (Co-Founder and Board Member, Indie Games Poland)
Location: Room 2010, West Hall
Date: Tuesday, March 19
Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Pass Type: All Access Pass, Summits Pass - Get your pass now!
Vault Recording: Video
Audience Level: Intermediate
While we're flooded with generative AI approaches, we intend to show a different possibility to facilitate ML for better and faster gamedev: AI-assisted game design. AI-assisted development is barely emerging, usually as recommendations in programming IDEs. We tried a similar approach to build tools for game designers in three areas: level design, narrative, and game object design (game mechanics related). In this talk, we will show which areas benefited the most, with very promising ML recommendations to ease the designers' work, and what algorithms are showing the most promise despite being really low effort. We will share where, from our experience, ML will not deliver good results anytime soon and how we went from a hardly working system to what seems to be a promising tool.
- Fields where ML can serve game developers beyond generative AI
- The potential of AI-assisted tools in the industry or more generally how tools can speed up and improve design
- Methods for implementing ML in game development
- Understanding the possibilities and limitations of ML in game design
- Programmers (especially tools programmers and ML programmers)
- Designers and anyone interested in tools and speeding up game development
- AI/ML researchers & enthusiasts
- While an in-depth understanding of AI/ML is not required, familiarity with basic concepts is beneficial.